New Mazda CX-3 2018 Collection Launch
New Mazda CX-3 2018 Collection Launch
Mazda brews up new dimension with CX-3 launch event Famous Thai celebs join in to lead customer experience presentation
Bangkok, Thailand, July 20, 2018 –
Mazda Sales (Thailand) Co., Ltd. is introducing the new Mazda CX-3 2018 Collection with a colorful launch event that breaks all rules with the use of 3D Facial Production Mapping. In addition, Thailand’s leading celebrities have been brought in to talk about the Mazda ownership experience that reflects the characters of Mazda CX-3 customers.
Featuring the theme “Drive Your Attitude”, the new Mazda CX-3 2018 Collection is launched at an exciting event at Emquartier shopping center in downtown Bangkok featuring top artists as the show-ending highlight. In terms of product updates, the new Mazda CX-3 2018 Collection comes with lower pricing for the top model, but still comes with full options.
Mr.Chanchai Trakarnudomsuk, President of Mazda Sales (Thailand) Co., Ltd. said the improvements in the new Mazda CX-3 2018 Collection consists of advanced technologies and full-functionality, along with new design and new pricing that increases its attractiveness further. “We expect a rise in the popularity of the CX-3 compact crossover SUV, which has been positioned as an attractive choice sitting in between passenger cars and larger SUVs. The CX-3 responds to a wide range of customer requirements, and appeals to customers who are interested with inspirational design and innovative technology. This is a vehicle that truly reflects the active and adventurous lifestyle of its owner. The CX-3 is a vehicle that has been designed according to Mazda customers’ viewpoints, as well as their true emotions and characters,” he said.
Mr. Chanchai added that the new Mazda CX-3 2018 Collection is targeted at a customer group called “Liberating Explorers”, and the company has brought in famous Thai celebrities to relay their experiences as well as the experiences of Mazda customers. “Mazda customers have a unique character and lifestyle compared to others and they like to search for new things in life,” he said.
Hathairat Charoenchaichana, the bass player of pop group Futon who is also an actress, writer and designer, and PanPan Nakprasert, a multi-talented show designer, actor, TV show host, dance instructor and, yes, a drag queen will represent and express the characters of Mazda customers. Meanwhile, the event also gets Tong TWOPEE from the Southside hip hop gang to help entertain the crowd.
The new Mazda CX-3 2018 Collection has been positioned as a versatile compact that boasts a premium sports packaging plus full functionality.
- All-new exterior and interior design with full functions of a compact SUV
- Suitable design and dimensions offering high convenience in usage
- Fun-to-drive character with high-performance 1.5-liter SKYACTIV Clean Diesel and 2.0-liter SKYACTIV-G engine choices
- Global safety standards
- All-new cabin with highest level of comfort and convenience (One Class Above)
Mr. Chanchai added, ”This year the crossover SUV market is coming strong not far behind the SUV market as a large number of manufacturers have been aggressively launching new models into the market, and this has raised consumer awareness for this type of vehicle. And although this year all of Mazda’s new products are minor-change versions, the improvements cover the small car, midsized car and SUV segments. At the start of the year we launched the Mazda2 2018 Collection, Mazda3 2018 Collection and today we are launching the Mazda CX-3 2018 Collection.”
The new Mazda CX-3 2018 Collection comes with a Machine Gray and Soul Crystal Red as the official body colors, helping to reflect its beautiful premium design derived from Mazda’s “KODO: Soul of Motion” philosophy. Apart from the unique design cues, the dynamic performance and driving enjoyment offered in the CX-3 have been developed under the “Jinba-Ittai” (Man and horse as one) concept.
Mr. Thee Permpongpanth, Vice President for Marketing and Government Affairs, said the launch of the new Mazda CX-3 2018 Collection is held at the Emquartier, one of Bangkok’s most luxurious shopping centers, in order to reach customers with a unique and stylish lifestyle. “The CX-3 is positioned as a compact crossover with a dynamic design suitable for customers with an independent lifestyle as well as new families,” he said. “It comes with the ‘Drive Your Attitude’ slogan meaning that each of us is made differently and we choose to differ rather than stick to the rules. We have our own ways and do not have the need to search within ourselves, but being ourselves.”
The new Mazda CX-3 2018 Collection is targeted at “Liberating Explorers” consisting of the new generation with strong personalities and styles. “They are totally independent, live the active lifestyle and are interested in design and technology. They choose products that would reflect their characters and dare to be different,” Mr. Thee added. “Customers of the new Mazda CX-3 2018 Collection are urban millennials with unique and active lifestyles.”
i-ACTIVSENSE Technologies Available on the new Mazda CX-3 2018 Collection
- Advanced Blind Spot Monitoring (ABSM) & Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) Detects approaching vehicles from the sides and rear and alerts the driver. RCTA alerts the driver of approaching vehicles when reversing.
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) Predicts lane departure and alerts the driver of the danger through sound and vibration alerts.
- Adaptive LED Headlights (ALH) Directs the headlights to the road ahead to assist safe driving.
- Driver Attention Alert (DAA) Reduces the risk of accidents by suggesting rest breaks upon detecting driver fatigue or loss of concentration.
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC) Automatically adjusts and maintains a safe following distance from the car ahead to alleviate driver burden.
- 360o View Monitor Assists proper vehicle operation by displaying the surrounding area on the central display.
- Smart City Brake Support (SCBS) and Smart City Brake Support – Reverse (SCBS-R) Assists collision avoidance by detecting cars
- Smart Brake Support (SBS) Automatically controls the brakes to mitigate collision damage at mid-range to high speeds.
Pricing for New Mazda CX-3 2018 Collection
- 2.0 E SKYACTIV-G 2.0L Price Bt879,000
- 2.0 C SKYACTIV-G 2.0L Price Bt955,000
- 2.0 S SKYACTIV-G 2.0L Price Bt1,029,000
- 2.0 SP SKYACTIV-G 2.0L Price Bt1,083,000
- 1.5 XDL SKYACTIV-D Clean Diesel 1.5L Price Bt1,189,000
Body color lineup
The body color line up of the new Mazda CX-3 2018 Collection consists of two new color which is Machine gray and Soul red crystal. Thanks to Mazda’s proprietary TAKUMINURI painting technology, the new color features a vivid, energetic hue and a finish with clear and lustrous depth. It boasts 20 percent greater color saturation and 50 percent more depth than Soul Red, for a fresher, lustrous transparence. Other available colors include,
- Titanium Flash
- Jet Black
- Snowflake White Pearl
- White Ceramic Metallic
- Eternal Blue
Following the press launch event is the public event from July 20 – 22, allowing those interested to pre-register online via Mazda’s Facebook or LINE apps. Registration can also be made at the event itself.
Customers who place an order at the event will get special offers such as 2.15% interest rate, Mazda Premium insurance and 5-year Mazda Care maintenance package.